Monday, April 23, 2007

oh crap, i'm stranded!

This week's Oh Crap, I'm Stranded! selection is by my friend, Steve of Steve's Blog (Or Monkey Thoughts). You'll find that Steve kept it short and sweet and said all he felt he needed to say. You'll remember Steve as the friend who sent me the most random package ever a while back.He chose one of my all time favorite albums. It is one that actually changed my life for the better by broadening my musical horizons. I can still remember seeing the world premiere of the “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” video on Mtv. That was way back when they actually played videos all the time, instead of spring break bikini/thong contests , twenty-something’s binge drinking, and spoiled sweet sixteeners birthday blow-outs. And they made a huge deal over the world premiere of a video by a band like U2. Songs that made the hit parade…Guys like us we had it made...Those were the days…


Steve's Pick: U2 - Joshua Tree
All the elements of rock wraped up in a melodic, poetic, spiritual package.


Would you like to participate in Oh Crap, I'm Stranded!? Submissions may be emailed here. You can read more about Oh Crap! here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hard pressed to argue with that one!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya, brother. More inspiration in the first 3 songs than most bands' careers. The album that changed my life...