Monday, March 26, 2007

introducing: "oh crap, i'm stranded" disc

I am going to add a new weekly feature to dog.yarn.knit.. Each Monday I will share a different friend’s “Desert Island Disc” (that’s disc – singular). However, I’ll be referring to it as, “Oh Crap, I’m Stranded! Disc”. Here’s the scenario: You have found yourself stranded with only the very basic of necessities. And those necessitates include an iPod that magically never loses power. Only one musical album is on that iPod. What would you want that album to be and why?

Here are a few parameters.
1. No box sets.
2. No “mix-tapes”.
3. Greatest hits are allowed.
4. Double albums are allowed. But no “sold separately” Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol 3, et cetera, sets.

You can submit your “Oh Crap, I’m Stranded! Disc” to me through email (click “view my complete profile” in the sidebar to find an email link). Please include artist name, album name, and a minimum of a paragraph explaining your pick. Also, include your blog address if applicable. I reserve the right to edit (although I’ll check with you before making any major changes). If you prefer, you may send your reply in bullet point form and I’ll be your ghost writer (with your approval prior to posting).

Each week I’ll share an answer to the question. Seeing as you are a renewable resource there will no deadline. As long as you’re sending me picks I’ll post one each Monday.

No comments: