Wednesday, May 09, 2007

did you know that only 8 geldings have won the kentucky derby?

Today Derby turns six months old. Six months old is a momentous occasion in a young male dog’s life. Derby is scheduled for “the surgery” on Monday, May 14th. It’s going to be a little more in-depth than the usual neutering procedure. For one, he was born with a little hernia. Secondly, let’s see…how to say this without embarrassing the boy. Um, due to some side effects of breeding practices to breed out the hunting instinct in cocker spaniels some of Derby’s parts have not fallen into place. They are not where they should have ended up by this point in his development. Believe me, he does not know the difference. Honestly, I am kind of nervous. I know that Drs. Smith and Young do this kind of thing every week. But still, I’m a little scart. I need to remember what the scripture that is part of my tattoo says. If God will take care of the birds He’ll take care of me. And He’ll take care of Derby. Dogs rank above birds, right?

No comments: