Wednesday, April 11, 2007

10 on tuesday meme: 10 high school memories

I’m a day behind on with my Ten on Tuesday because I was too busy celebrating my mom’s birthday. I found it difficult to narrow down this list. While I wouldn’t want to rewind fifteen years and go back, I guess I do have some really great memories with some great friends.

10 High School Memories
1. Choir. I was and am such the choir geek.
2. High School Musicals. Annie (freshman year), Once Upon a Mattress (sophomore year), Grease (junior year), and Into The Woods (senior year).
3. The Literary Club banquet my senior year.
4. The time Monte Cassidy (who I had a huge crush on for no less than two years) said my name. He was trying to get my attention for someone else. Oh the let-down.
5. Graduation Day
6. Summers at Camp Loucon
7. Church youth group. This could be its own list. Lock-ins. Trips to Lake Junaluska. Many visits to Pizza Hut (“Can ya’ll turn up the jukebox?”). The district youth lock-in at which I ended up with a concussion. Standing around Herron’s car in the church parking lot listening to Def Leppard’s Hysteria record on his “rad” sound system. Lots of fundraising soup and sandwich lunches. Countless rides in the church van.
8. Eating way too much Baskin Robbins Chocolate and Peanut Butter ice cream and Pizza Hut breadsticks with Tiffany at Kereiakes park.
9. My gym teacher being really nice to me after he got a letter from my allergist explaining the severity of my asthma and allergies and that I understood my own limitations when it came to running laps. This was after weeks of him being a jerk to me and even calling my parents (he didn’t belive them either!).
10. School dances. Prom with Warren. Many others with Jason. “Let’s do the time warp again…”.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost all of my fond high school memories revolve around a church function. :) I loved the things we were able to do.

Anonymous said...

"If you've got love in your sights..WATCH OUT!...Love bites." Hysteria was one of the tapes I always took jogging back in '87/88, that and INXS's Kick.

Anonymous said...

You just reminded me of a few of my own youth group trips. We had the worst bus ever. It expelled black smoke and was forever breaking down.

Wonderful Tonight was our song for the junior prom too. Good memories, just wish I had gone with someone else :)

Erin said...

ROFL I think I could make youth group its' own list too :D Thanks for your comments on my list! I'm glad I'm not the only one... (And by the way, I LOVE Anne Lamott!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Katie and I were just talking about Anne Lamott this morning. I love her vampire novels. ;-)