Monday, March 19, 2007

peep my yard

Over the last few days my cousin, Katrina, was in town for a friend’s wedding. While she was helping her friend prepare for the wedding her extremely large, but oh so tenderhearted, Australian Shepherd, Tucker, stayed with us. This dog seems so huge. He makes Memphis looks small. But he is truly a gentle giant.He’s such a sweetheart and we really enjoyed having him around. Especially Derby. Long-suffering Tucker allowed Derby to jump all over him and chew on his ears and fur. Since Tucker left yesterday I think Derby has been kind of sad and has wandered the house a few times looking for him.Yesterday after church Katrina and I decided to decorate our Uncle Wayne’s yard for Easter. We knew he was at a later church service, so we had about an hour. We Peeped Out his yard!We used about eight boxes of Peeps to adorn his front yard, drive-way, and back porch. When we were done we stood at the street and admired our work. It actually looked really nice. I think we may have stumbled onto a fabulous new decorating trend.Not long after Katrina left the phone rang. It was Uncle Wayne. Would you believe I was the first person he thought of that would peep out his yard? I told him Katrina did it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where Peeps came from and now I know. They grow around people's houses in Kentucky!

Katie said...

Inspiring use of Peeps!

cara harjes said...

it isn't nice to impale Peeps on branches.