Friday, June 12, 2009

friday candy

Wow. I haven't posted all week? Really? Bad Blogger. Bad bad.


The Candy: Knights of Cydonia by Muse
Why this is sweet: I have a new love -the band Muse. If I had to compare them to other musical acts I might say something like this...

The obvious comparison is Radiohead...meets Keane meets INXS meets Rush meets Electric Light Orchestra (Can you say Xanadu? You know it’s a good song. Don’t front.) meets Queen meets YES! meets Phil Wickham meets more Radiohead meets awesomeness. They’ve been around for over 15 years and were a band I had heard of but had never known personally.

Until recently.

I love when a band really rocks with wailing guitars and heavy bass lines and yet still has really *pretty* vocals. AND they have lots of amazing videos. Expect more Friday sweetness from Muse...

No comments: