Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ten on tuesday: 10 signs i'm getting older

1. Today LYLASarah pulled a grey hair from my head. But there are more where that came from. And you may never know how many...

2. The crepeyness under my eyes.

3. I remember a time when my skin care routine was one step: wash face.

4. I’m an inch shorter than I was 10 years ago (but I should probably blame that on my degenerative discs disease and two back surgeries).

5. General aches and pains (see #4).

6. Some of my co-workers were in kindergarten when I was in college.

7. Both of my parents qualify for senior discounts at most businesses.

8. Songs that came out the year I graduated high school are now being used in commercials.

9. Yesterday, at Target, I saw “venetian blind” sunglasses for sale. I never thought I would see those produced for the masses again outside of the 1980’s.

10. As of tomorrow (my half-birthday) I will be closer to 40 than I am to 30 (yikes).

4 comments:

Ozzy's Mom said...

hahaha fun list!:)

mine's up too:

Sarah W. said...

There were tons of venetian blind sunglasses at the bar mitzvah I went to in February. Thirteen year olds look awfully young.

I see a lot of eighties fashion in clothing these days and it is disturbing.

Carey said...

Oh my gosh! I died laughing when I saw #9! That happened to me too, just the other day with my daughter at Claire's. I said, "Wow. Venetian blind sunglasses are back." The (young!) girl at the counter said, "I didn't know they weren't a new thing!" and my daughter said, "Mom. They're called 'shutters' now." Ha!

Louis Tagliaboschi said...

You know a sign that I am getting older? When people think they are getting older when they are close to 40! I am 42.