Friday, November 07, 2008

friday candy

The candy: Brooke Fraser - Shadowfeet
Why this is sweet: This is probably my favorite song at the moment. And the video does that cool recorded in one speed played back in another speed so it looks like everyone is lip syncing in slow motion thing that I've always been partial to.

But I especially want you to note the lyrics. There are several references in both the Old and New Testaments of the mountains falling and the skies being rolled back. I love how Brooke illustrates both, in the chorus, as an act of worship by creation. Also, I've been considering a new tattoo that will incorporate Revelation 21: 5: See, I am making all things new.

When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in You, still standing
when the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I'll be found in You

You make all things new

No comments: