Sunday, October 05, 2008

this used to be a headlight

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent emails and texts or left comments or made a phone call. And thank you for your prayers. I am doing alright. I am still sore. But the muscle relaxants and pain medication have helped ease that – even though they leave me a little groggy. I was able to make it through church this morning without having to get up. Nevertheless, I was glad to know that I could get up to sit in the Cup of Hope (coffee cafĂ©), where our services are simulcast and there are comfy chairs, if I had needed to. I'm afraid I was pretty shifty through most of the sermon. Yesterday I discovered some new bruises on my chest and ribcage. But the seatbelt burn had begun to fade.Tomorrow I will be tele-commuting. I’ll also talk to the other driver’s insurance company and I am really hoping they will cover a rental car. Although, I’m not exactly looking forward to driving and may have to start out leaving my neighborhood by a different way until I’m used to being back on the horse.Just a few of snapshots of Parnelli Belle. You can now see parts of the car that I don't think you're supposed to be able to see from the outside (see above). Also, the right side is pretty beat up and smashed against the front wheel. And the hood is bowed up on both sides and smashed up on the passenger's side. I have this car for several years...but I love her like she were nearly new. I am so not looking to trade her in for a younger model. Here's hoping she's fixable...

2 comments:

Louis Tagliaboschi said...

CLICHE' warning...

I am just glad you are alright. I was glad to see you yesterday. Take it easy, and call me if you need ANYTHING!

L

Anonymous said...

Oh Crap! What happened!? I hope you're feeling better soon... GOSH! I'm so sorry!