Thursday, April 19, 2007

thursday 13: Wow Moment Songs

A few hours ago my co-workers and I heard the news that my senior director had passed away this morning. Ellen had been battling cancer. Honestly, I was not prepared for this to happen so soon and I still feel a bit numb. The news is still settling in. Over the past few months there have been moments when I have imagined that I heard Ellen’s voice or that I smelled her perfume (something by Estee Lauder) while I was in the office. Even though she retired a few months ago it always felt like she should come back-like she was on an extended vacation. It’s quiet on our floor today. The somber mood is palpable. Please remember Ellen’s college-aged daughter, and her family, friends, and co-workers in prayer today. We’d appreciate it.

I commonly find solace in music and this is one of those moments in time. So today my Thursday Thirteen is about music.


Thirteen “Wow Moment” Songs
1. Anyway- Martina McBride
2. Revelation Song – Kari Jobe (Jennie Lee Riddle)
3. Carried To the Table – Leeland
4. Jesus in New Orleans – Over The Rhine
5. Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
6. Why Can’t I Be You? – The Cure
7. The Tide Is High – Blondie
8. Love – Sixpence None The Richer
9. Shout to the Lord – Darlene Zscech
10. Cecilia- Simon and Garfunkel
11. Sing Your Praise to The Lord – Amy Grant (Rich Mullins)
12. The One I Love – REM
13. Jesus Freak – dcTalk

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like the makings of a good mix tape. Oops, am I showing my age? I meant to say playlist on an pod i thingie. ;)
My TT13 is up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ain't it crazy what's revealed when you're not looking all that close...

Anonymous said...

Wow. Wonderful list of songs. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be praying for you all during this time.