Tuesday, March 13, 2007

(untitled)

I am really looking forward to The Knitters getting together tonight. It’s the first time in several months that we’ve had a Knit Night, and we are long overdue. We’ll enjoy some pizza, some stitches, and sharing new patterns, books, and magazines. I am so happy that we’re getting together. I’ve missed my friends.

Still on the lookout for the right yarn for Derby’s bed. I have started to considering hand dying so I can be sure I have the colors that I want. I did find a picture from the Posh Pooches book of the dog bed (which is really a giant canine pillow) on-line. I plan to do a light-baby blue yarn with chocolate brown for the Z’s. I think I’ll go with the second largest of the four size variations in the pattern. I want to make it large enough for him to really stretch out. He definitely likes to sprawl out in all four corners.

This morning I caught the little booger prancing across my bedroom floor with a ball of wool yarn in his mouth. “This is my new toy.” He had pulled it out of my knitting bag. If only I could train him to lie on his back with his paws in the air holding a hank of yarn as I guided it onto my ball winder. If only…

No comments: