Monday, December 18, 2006

the cold and flu season tour

over the rhine. 12/14. snow angels tour. nashville, tn
The Over the Rhine show was, as expected, fantastic. Swandive opened for them. I especially enjoyed their Christmas song about shop-lifting a highly coveted hat from a department store for one’s true love.
OTR did several songs from the new Christmas album, Snow Angels, as well as some older songs and some recent ones from their last album, Drunkard’s Prayer. They also did several from an album to be released next year. After hearing those songs I’m really looking forward to the next album. But aren’t I always? Karin has picked up some type of crud while they’ve been on the road and referred to this tour as, “The Cold and Flu Season Tour”. But her singing voice sounded right on. They did not disappointment. I bought a new t-shirt. I was very tempted to buy the new Over the Rhine Blend coffee. But I behaved. I still have a few presents to buy for others.



No comments: