Monday, November 20, 2006

better late than even later...

This post is really late in the posting. I thought that Christy flying all the way out her from SoCal for my surgery was more than enough of a birthday gift. But she showed up with these items in her luggage. It was too much. Too much I say! But I am enjoying it all!!!!1. A beautiful large Asian style fan that will make a nice back-drop when I get my own house and have my little Japanese area that will feature the items I received from my two Japanese college roommates that were B.C. (Before Christy).

2. Big Girl Knits by Jillian Moreno and Amy R. Singer. Woo hoo!! Love your B3’s. This book will help me figure out how to knit things for the full-figure woman (me) and has some great patterns in it.

3. Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller. I’ve been wanting this for a while. Eric tried to give it to me. But Christy beat him to it.

4. Elizabethtown on DVD. Love this movie. My mom grew up in Hardin, Co., Ky which is where this movie’s story is based. Parts of it were shot in E-town and in Louisville. We lived in E-town when I was a little girl and a good portion (like 80%) of Mom’s family still lives in Hardin Co. It was so neat to see a movie about where my family is from. Only Cameron Crowe really missed making this movie authentic when he never had any of the character say, “E-town”. Elizabethtown is too much of a mouth full. Which is why we also say, "Lu-a-vul".

Christy is one of the most generous friends I have. But you already knew that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww.. you shouldn't have.... :D
I love you so much. You are worth all that and much more!