Monday, August 31, 2009

like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land - Proverbs 25: 25

(Or...Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back. - Deuteronomy 30:4)
That pretty girl in the blue shirt standing next to me is my cousin. She's about to embark on a new adventure and will be moving far far away. Farther away from our family than she's ever lived. While we've always been within a few hours' drive of one another (like our WHOLE lives) we're both busy gals who don't get to see each other very often as it is. But there is something about knowing she'll be states and states away (I counted four) that I find distressing. I will just have to be proactive about going to visit. All the new places and things to see! I'm already packing my bags in my head and her moving van hasn't even pulled out of her driveway.

I remember when she told me she was going to be moving. We were standing in the Columbia, Kentucky Walmart printing photos of us grandchildren with our granddad to be displayed at the funeral home after he passed away last summer. She told me where she was planing to move to. And right there in the middle of the Columbia Walmart next to the Kodak Picture Maker tears began filling my eyes before I could even process her words.

Despite my tears, I am flat out incredibly proud of her. She is being so bold and following God's call. She knows the cost and the merits of following and trusting Him. Boy, does that take courage sometimes. Like when that call takes you away to foreign lands...four states away from Kentucky.

No comments: