Wednesday, August 12, 2009

10 beauty products i love

Just to try something fun and different I'm going to do my own Ten on Tuesday list. It's now Wednesday. But who cares? Meaningless details. Let's just focus on this list of 10 random beauty products that I love.

1) Laura Geller Lip Strip, $16.00
Cooling Sugar Scrub - lip exfoliator. This stuff is so fun! It tastes great and feels cooling and tingly. It exfoliates your lips and gets rid of any flaky stuff. It makes your pout look smooth and makes lipstick go on like butter.

2) Pointed Cotton Swabs, under $4.00 at most drug stores
For makeup application/correction. Not for inner ear use! These things are way too pointy for that business. I love using these for more percise work than your normal Q-tip can handle. They are great for cleaning up the inner eye area or removing stray nail polish from a cuticle. 3) L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray, $15.00 at Target
I use Extra Strong Hold/UV Filter for Color Treated Hair and just love this hairspray. It's got great hold. But doesn't make your hair sticky, webby, or stiff. The scent is not my favorite. But its worth getting past the fragrance. 4) Smith's Rosebud Salve , $5.99
This is my favorite bedtime lip balm. A tin of this stuff lasts for-ev-eerrrrr. It comes in several flavors that are all very yummy. My favorite current favorite is Brambleberry Rose.5) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleaner, $8-$10 for 16 0z.
The classic, dermatologist recommended, gentle cleanser. I use this product every day. It's gentle enough to use around my eyes to remove sleepiness or makeup. It doesn't dry my skin and I can use it morning, noon, and/or night.
6) Tweezerman Tweezers, $14.99
The best tweezers ever. I’ve had the same pink pair of classic tweezers for at least eight years. They have never lost their spring or points. No other tweezers compare. I like the slanted version. But they also come in a longer pointed version that some prefer. If I were to ever lose these pink tweezers I might die. 7) OPI nail color in You Don’t Know Jacques, $7.00
I heart this warm dusty taupey grey from the France Fall/Winter 2009 collection. I like several other colors from the series. But You Don't Know Jacques may just be my favorite OPI color ever. Ever ever.8) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil, $16.00
These creamy waterproof eye liners are my favorite pencil liners. The color pay off is always spectacular. I routinely use Zero (black), Bourbon (a shimmery brown), and Flipside (a fun kind of metallic teal). Just like the name says, these pencils glide on. They stay-put. But right after application can be smudged or blended nicely. I love adding a bit of the teal Flipside liner just along the lashline with some neutral shadows for a fun burst of color.
9) L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara in blackest black, $6.50
For years my favorite has been L'Oreal Voluminous. But recently I may have been converted. I'll give more time to this product in another post designated solely to mascaras. 10) Water! Prices may vary.
It's good for your insides and outsides. Water can moisturize your skin from the inside out. And contribute to skins renewal and elasticity. It'll also make you feel great! If you're feeling sluggish ask yourself, "how much water have I had today?"...and go fill up a glass!

AND A BONUS BEAUTY TIP!
Nothing beats a smile, a cheerful disposition, and kindness.

The photos used in this post are orginal property of the author. Or orginated from the websites of the brands listed above. Some have been altered slightly or have been combined with other photos for use by the owner of this blog.

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

I'm a big Cetaphil and Tweezerman fan. I may have heard about Cetaphil from you, actually, Jennifer. My beauty must-haves: daily sunscreen, sleep!

Anonymous said...

For teenaged boys, they can enjoy the youthful tattoo belts and funky shoes of ED clothing
. The versatility of ED Hardy Shoes
makes it a universal fashion. The artistry incorporated into the design of each hardy shirt
will be able to endure for many years to come. In fact, you can practically fill your closet with hardy shirt