Saturday, January 03, 2009

they do...they did...

I am exhausted.


But it's a good tired. The kind of weariness that comes from a busy, but rewarding day. My cousin got married today to a really really great man. I am so happy that he is part of my family.My cousin, Katrina, is 6 years younger than me (or 5 and a few months...). Most of the time she feels more like my younger sister than a cousin. Her brother, Eric, is one of my best friends (and the funniest person I know). Growing up my family moved a lot. So did theirs. Our dads, who are twins, are both pastors. And no matter how many times we moved and how many friends, schoolmates, or church members came in or out of our lives we always had each other as touchstones. It was an honor to be part of Katrina and Jonny's big day. And they didn't even care that I wore hi-top Converse Chucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a great pic of the two of you....both so pretty!