Saturday, December 13, 2008

devotion, a scrooge, a grinch, and an angel named clarence

I’ve found that while I’m not working and while I’m taking it easy trying to heal up I easily lose track of time. I sometimes have to stop and really think about what day of the week it is. My church has had a lot of wonderful things going on this Advent season and I had intended to share some thoughts about them here. And the next thing I know tomorrow is the third Sunday in Advent! I really need to play catch-up!

First, for an Advent devotional this year several church members have shared some thoughts that are posted on our website. You can also have them emailed to you Monday through Friday. When the fourth week of advent rolls around keep a look out for some thoughts on Joy by yours truly. Click here for Advent Devotions.

Our current sermon series is Christmas at the Movies. We’re taking a look at the messages inside the movies A Christmas Carol, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, and It’s a Wonderful Life. I plan to share some thoughts on each sermon…if I can keep up with what day it is.

No comments: