Monday, August 25, 2008

soullife: 1

My church is in the midst of a new sermon series, Soullife, all about how the practice of spiritual disciplines can deepen and enhance our lives at Christ followers.

So, I’ve been pondering this question a lot: How disciplined of a person am I?

The point of these disciplines is not to be weighed down by them, but to find freedom in (what my dad calls) “holy habits”. There are many disciplines that can enhance our spiritual lives. But we are looking intently at six.

  1. Simplicity
  2. Submission
  3. Fasting
  4. Study
  5. Celebration
  6. Service

I’ll be talking more about each, as well as other areas of my life that I hope to bring some new discipline. And I’d love to hear your thoughts about all of this and which disciplines you (aim to) practice in your own life.

One more note, we have a special website set-up just for the Soullife series: Soullifeonline.com On that website you can find a blog and be part of the discussion there (yours truly has had a little hand in that part).

1 comment:

TaMs* said...

oooh, looks interesting.