Thursday, May 29, 2008

the 92nd indy 500 in bits and pieces: matchbox cars

If I ever hope to get a thing accomplished I'm going to have to do this one piece at a time. I'm still trying to get over this sinus infection, rest, and get back in the swing of things at work and home. Just like a race (YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW) I'll try to recap my vacation to the Indy 500 in stops and starts.

Had I been told 10 years ago that I would be in my mid-thirties and collecting die-cast cars I would never have believed it. Now I am working on getting a full field of 33 for my desk. Many of these were gifts from Johnny G. A few are repeats (I have 3 Sarah Fishers). I believe two or three more may be hiding in boxes in the attic or garage and have been there since I moved two years ago.But a few of these I purchased this month: The 2008 event car; Ryan Hunter-Reay; Danica '08; Sarah Fisher '08 (with the free advertising for the sponsors who reneged. Please don't buy ResQ energy drink.); Darren Manning; and a discounted 2007 Champ, Benedict Franchitti. Last Saturday, at a memorabilia show that Johnny G. drug me to (just kidding John), I bought, at a low-low bargain price, vintage Scott Sharp and Eddie Cheever. And John treated me to the event car from my first Indy 500, 2003.

No comments: