Saturday, April 19, 2008

eating my words: 10 on tuesday addendum

Cousin Eric posted his own list of favorite comedies on his blog. And he inspired me to do an additional 10 (see my original list here). Really, I cannot believe that I didn’t put the first two on my original list. Especially seeing as how Empire Records is one of our favorite movies to quote:
"What's with today, today?"
"I don't feel the need to explain my art to you, Warren."
"You bucket head!"
And, of course, "SHOPLIIIIIIIFFFFFTTTTEEEEEEEEERRRR!"

High Fidelity may be one of my favorite movies. Ever. I guess I like comedies more than I realized. I really shouldn't throw the whole genre out with the bath water.

10 More Favorite Comedies

1) Empire Records
2) High Fidelity
3) 13 Going on 30
4) Being John Malkovich
5) Can’t Buy Me Love
6) Sixteen Candles
7) The Princess Bride
8) The Breakfast Club
9) Elf
10) Eternal Sunshine on the Spotlight Mind (is this a comedy?)

No, JD, still no Dumb and Dumber.

No comments: