Thursday, April 26, 2007

thursday 13: thirteen places i've prayed

My wheels were spinning
Oh a rainy sleepy day
Am getting no where

Asked Sarah for help
She provided a great list
Many to choose from

Thirteen Places I’ve Prayed
Is the one I pick today
I haiku, haiku
THIRTEEN PLACES I’VE PRAYED


This is a thought provoking topic. How many places have I prayed in my lifetime, there are too many to remember. But I’ve selected some memorable moments.

1. The altar of the now defunct Zion United Methodist Church in Louisville when I became a Christian (age 7).

2. My Car

3. On a bench near the Canteen at Camp Loucon with a camper named, Chris.

4. The prayer chapel in Neu Chapel at the University of Evansville. (Christy will know the particular time I’m thinking of.)

5. The animal hospital the day Memphis bit Derby’s head.

6. St.Paul's Chapel near Ground Zero, New York.

7. My hospital room the day of my back surgery.

8. Uncle Harold’s hospital room the morning of his first brain surgery…with the Bishop.

9. Ichthus Festival. Sitting on a hill during communion at the old campground.

10. My old apartment the day I moved in.

11. The left front pew of Chapel Hill United Methodist during a Lenten service.

12. BeLinda's couch the morning her daughter Cee Cee was born.

13. My desk. Last Monday.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Add airports, amusement parks, my bathroom while blow drying my hair and my computer desk for me. LOL!
It's good thing God's not picky. :)

Christie O. said...

oh that's such a great list, it made me think of all the places i have prayed too. i also prayed at st. paul's chapel, a very very beautiful church. when i lived in new york city, i remember going to the church a week after 9/11 and there were papers literally strewn everywhere all over the entire lawn of the church. it was literally covered in papers from the tower offices. and dust. i'll never forget that.

Anonymous said...

Happy TT. What an interesting list, for sure it is thought provoking.

I noticed that you like dogs! :)

Joyous said...

Back in high school I used to spend my Summers volunteering at Kansas Bible Camp, and every week we would have a different prayer partner, and one week my prayer partner and I decided to find a different place to pray every day...so once we sat on top of the washer and dryer...once we climed up on the roof of the pool shed...those are the only ones I remember, though, probably the others were not as exciting. :)

Jennifer Coomer said...

Joy, it sounds like we had some similiar camp experiences!