Friday, January 26, 2007

answered prayer

I wanted to share this post from Christy's blog with you. Many of you have joined us in praying for her mom. Here is the most recent report. And it's GREAT news!

How Great Is Our God

So two weeks ago my mom had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. The result was
a biopsy of one of many polyps in her stomach. It came back as having cancer cells in it. The doctor was so surprised to find it, he sent the test to UCLA and they found the same thing. Monday of this week, mom went and had another endoscopy in order to biopsy the rest of they polyps as well as test some of the lining of her stomach to see if the cancer had spread. Last night when I got home, my mom sat me down and said she had talked to the doctor. I had asked many people to pray and truly believed the tests would come back negative. I knew our God was capable and able to glorify Himself through this so I was expecting good news, but there was still the stress of waiting til the good news came. When she sat me down she looked very serious and said, "The tests showed no cancer in any of areas that were tested." I quite literally threw up my hands, shouted "yay!!!!" and started bawling because I was so happy. She does have a stomach infection and they may have to do more tests to make sure there isn't any cancer at all anywhere, but still... great news from our God! She even attributed it to a miracle of God. She said our prayers were answered and was very relieved. Thank you all for praying. God is awesome! The thing is, though, that God is awesome even if the test results had come back with her stomach being cancer ridden. God is awesome no matter what our circumstance or what pain we endure. He is awesome and worthy of praise and thanksgiving. Tuesday night, the night before she got the test results back I pulled this Scripture out of a little jar that I have that is filled with Scriptures. After I read it I gave it to my mom to read and ponder. It says this; "Ah, Sovereign Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for You." -Jeremiah 32:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH!