Thursday, May 04, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

I am participating in Secret Pal 8. I’ll send my secret pal knitting dealies & other fun goodies. Meanwhile a secret pal will be doing the same for me. We’re asked to fill out a questionnaire and post it on our blog for the benefit of our secret pal.

Dear Secret Pal,
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I’m open to try something new. But I’m not very fond of eyelash or chenille…basically balls of yarn that resemble muppets.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Most of my needles are in an old milk bottle and a Kentucky Derby Glass from my birth year (The year Secretariat won). My circulars usually reside in a basket on the floor.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I tried teaching myself in what turned out to be several year period of time. I've been knitting in earnest for a 1 ½ years. I suppose I’m intermediate. So much more to learn!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have a Froogle Wishlist that can be found on this blog’s profile.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like clean & earthy smells as well as the smell of apples & citrus. I love the smell of an Aveda store & Philosophy & Demeter products.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Unfortunately I think most of my teeth are sweet...espeicaly when it comes the exquisite cocoa bean. M&M's & dark chocolate are my favorites. In the less melty variety I like Twizzlers, Tootsie Rolls, & Starbursts.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Painting (mostly abstract in acrylic/mixed medium). The only spinning I do is in my desk chair.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like folk, rock, praise & worship, & early country. Since I earn my living protecting the copyright of song writers and publishers an iTunes gift card would be much preferred over a burnt cd.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Green is my favorite color. I like beiges & grays & whites. Not very fond of neons.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I’m single. No children. I hope to have a dog by the end of summer.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Too many to choose from!
13. What are you knitting right now? A Clapotis & Mason-Dixon “warshrags”.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer the feel of wood most. I like metal the least.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.
17. How did you learn to knit? I bought a kit & tried to teach myself. I eventually took a class at a LYS.
18. How old is your oldest UFO? A tote knit from plastic grocery bags is about 8 months old. I got tried of cutting up bags.
19. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving & Easter
20. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn! I’m planning to move soon & a lot of my stuff will be going into storage. It may not be a good time to add to any collections.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? see froogle list
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I’m trying my hand at socks. I’d like to try Fair Isle.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Soon to be! I wear a size 10 shoe.
24. When is your birthday? October 15.

No comments: